Latest News - Chairs Report - November 2017
This is my last report before I hand over the Chairmanship to Phil Dutton next month. The last 3 years have flown by and I would like to thank the Board, the membership and especially my very long suffering wife – Tracey, for all help over this period. You will all be delighted to know that Tracey will be staying on to help Phil both as PA and all event management and she is taking on other responsibilities such as membership and Finance.
Over the three years it is pleasing to report that we have raised approaching £250,000, paying most of this out to various charities or in county based sponsorship.
Major donations to charities include £90,000 to Rory the Robot appeal, £30,000 to Worcestershire Community Foundation, £20,000 to St Richards Hospice, £15,000 to Worcestershire Prostate Awareness.
Sponsorship – we have given £50,000 over the three year period to at least 75 separate festivals, events and causes, all of which help to promote our county. In 2017 alone we have contributed to over 30 individual events across the whole county.
Worcestershire Ambassadors owe a great deal to the continued support and generosity of Ivan and Sonia Knezovich .They have fully supported me throughout my tenure and I thank them personally for this.
Worcester Breast Unit – Official opening of “The Haven”. Following a very significant donation some years ago the then Chairman, Phil Dutton (whatever happened to him), and Director, Kathy Leather were invited to the Royal opening with the Countess of Wessex. The attached photo shows the newly named “Worcestershire Ambassadors” room in The Haven. What great recognition for the Ambassadors.
Congratulations to Kevin Powell – Ambassador Board Director (photo Attached) – who was selected to represent the Police Federation on Remembrance Sunday at the Cenotaph. A great honour for Kevin.
Derek Fradgley memorial Fund - Last week saw the official launch event with a concert by the British Police Symphony Orchestra at Arley Kings Village Hall.
I suspect you might hear more about this appeal in the coming year.
- Rob North – Taurus Wealth Management
- Mick Foley - Film producer
- Katie Chesterman – Andrew Grant
- Timothy Haywood –Established businessman and new owner of Astley Vineyard
We now have over 200 members for the first time.
Forthcoming Events (Flyers for all are attached)
- 25 November - PSA Testing in Stourbridge
- 29 November - the excellent Hope & Glory Ball at WMSP. Contact Louise Hewitt’s PA, Jo Watkins, for further details. Jo@hewett-recruitment.co.uk
- 2 December - Elgar School of Music Christmas Concert at St Martins Church, London Road. This is an Ambassador sponsored event – tickets ONLY £8
- 15 December - Ambassador Christmas Drunch at Primos – SOLD OUT – We will use this occasion to hand over a cheque for £20,000 to St Richards Hospice as Sponsoring Partner for Worcester Stands Tall. (The Giraffes)
- 3 January the very, very excellent Swan Theatre panto – Sleeping Beauty. Discount prices for Ambassadors
Finally, Phil Dutton takes over as Chairman for 2018. My first action 3 years ago was to reappoint Phil back on to the Board as Finance Director. Phil has given me tremendous support throughout the period and is absolutely the right man to lead Ambassadors to their next chapter. I know that you will support Phil as fully as you have supported me. I will continue to support Phil, the Board and the membership as I really believe we have the most magnificent organisation, doing great work, supporting the whole county and having a bit of fun along the way too.