Latest News - Chairs Report - August 2017
A brief update knowing that we are firmly within summer holiday period .
Ambassador Ball *COME TO THE CABARET * Friday 6th October Update
The Ball was sold out within two weeks of last years event which, whilst being remarkable, has meant that many, particularly new Ambassadors will miss out. We have therefore been asking for payment in advance to help secure the tickets and we have been operating a waiting list. We have had some cancellations so Tracey has been working through her reserve list as promised. We are limited to around 380/400 for the evening and we are trying to accommodate as best we can. We will chase to ensure payments are received before the end of August and re-allocate to those still on the waiting list if others do cancel.
The ball planning is now complete and thank you again to Judy Owen and Tracey Hopkins for all their work ahead of the event. The colour theme will be Red and Black for those who wish to blend.
Main auction – we are still looking for a couple of main auction prizes and holidays in particular are always popular. Please let me know if you could offer a prize. All profits will be going to prostate cancer charities within the County.
Silent Auction Prizes – many thanks to donors like St Andrews Hotel, Stanbrook Abbey, The Fleece/Cardinals Hat, Cottage in the Wood, Coach House Country Stays, Warlord Games, Lord Richard Faulkner amongst others for their generous gifts and we would
like to receive more from members please.
Thank you to all our sponsors: Lowes solicitors, DRP, Talbot Solicitors, Chase Distillery and MFG and as ever to Ivan and the West Midland Safari Park team.
- Thank you to the 30 Ambassadors who attended last Sundays Afternoon Tea at Cottage in the Wood , Malvern excellently hosted by Nick and Julia Davies.
- We also have 30+ people attending EnviRecover Business showcase Hartlebury on Wednesday 13th September.
- Delighted to say we have sold out our September Golf Day again and are very close to selling out both our wine tasting and our annual Christmas “Drunch”. Please let Tracey know asap if you would like to attend either but we are limited at each event.
Full details on the flyers attached.
- Cast Iron Artist Caro Burberry – Free and Exclusive invitation to Ambassadors and friends – Exhibition at her Bransford Studios. Thursday 14th September. Contact Tracey if you wish to attend. email@example.com
- For those not going away in August , the magnificent Worcester Live Festival has just begun Over 450 separate events all-round the city and over half are free . Delighted we are sponsoring this again. Great family fun .
Calling all men over 45. We are again supporting Free PSA Testing. Richard Mander is helping organise this which is to be held on Tuesday 12th September at Stourport Football Club. Flyer with more details attached – please feel free to pass this onto friends/colleagues.