I would like to welcome you to my inaugural Ambassador update and pass on to you some of the highlights and thoughts going forward into 2019.
Strategy Day – 29 November. Chateau Impney
The Board of Directors and Non Executive Directors met and discussed how we take the Ambassadors forward. We will look to sign off these aims and objectives at the January Board meeting. These will be clearly visible on the website.
My aim during my tenure is to:-
- continue and evolve what we do well around our events, fundraising and sponsorship.
- Involve the membership more in and around these objectives.
The Board would be interested to hear if you have any specific ideas or could offer any help.
Our Charity focus for 2019 is “ Mental Health” We are, at present, working through the applications and hopefully will be able to announce this in the New Year.
New Director Vacancy.
We have several vacancies on the Board and are looking to appoint during 2019.
Please consider the following points if this is something you would be interested in.
- This is a voluntary role.
- The need to be able to commit time to work with the other board directors sharing our passion to make Worcestershire a great place to live, work, visit and do business.
- To attend 75% of Monthly Board Meetings.
- To attend 30% of Events.
- Identify new members.
- Bring people to our events.
- Help identify events for us to support through our Sponsorship programme.
We are also looking for skills in the following:-
- Experience organising events.
- Relationship/business development (an understanding in developing & implementing strategy, cultivating meaningful relationships with business/individuals to be able to implement our aims)
- links with other organisations, such as Chamber / LEP/ County Councils to help us achieve one of our objectives – ’Inward investment.’
- Members with a Financial background, Media and PR skills to help us maintain a balanced skill set on the board, however these skill sets are not exclusive.
If you would like to be considered please include, in your application, details in terms of
- what determines you as a suitable candidate as a future Director.
- what skills you can offer.
- If there is particular area you would like to be involved in such as Events, Sponsorship, Marketing.
Please send me an email no later than 12th January 2019 for consideration.
Welcome New Members
Welcome to new Members Andrea Borwell – Fox, Jon Fraser,Jason Barnett, Philip Hyde, Andrew Johns, Rosemary Henderson,Sharon Guise, Loraine Henry, Chris King, Dawn Owen, Steve Harris, Lisa Soley, Stewart Clayton.
Ambassador Jeremy Robinson has asked to highlight: –
“We have 2 professional golfers, who we look after, who are both from Worcestershire. I was wondering if any companies who are associated with the Ambassadors who might be interested in becoming involved as an Official Partner to these guys. The players are Oliver Farr and Ben Robinson”
If this is of interest please contact Jeremy:- JeremyR@blackstar.eu.com
I am delighted to report that sponsorship funding was made to Worcester University of £365 to enable the Student Union to allow a member of staff to attend the “Students Minds Mental Health in Sport Train the Trainer program,” this will result in them becoming an accredited Mental Health in Sport trainer. This will provide expertise that they do not currently have, for staff and the organisation as a whole.
PSA Testing – TBC February. Steve Hunt/ Phil Fowler
New Members Event – Feb 6th. Julia Williams/ Tracey Hopkins
Strictly 6 – May 23rd – Julia Williams
Cricket Day May TBC – Steve Taylor/ Tracey Hopkins
SVR Lunch – Phil Dutton/ Tracey Hopkins
Race Day – Sept 10 – Julia Williams/ Sue Crowe
Golf Day – 18th Sept – Phil Dutton/ Tracey Hopkins
Fashion Show – Judy Owen
Hill Climb TBC
Ball 4th October – Judy Owen/ Tracey Hopkins
Drunch Dec – Tracey Hopkins
Plans for a physical challenge to link with our 20th year in 2020./ Phil Fowler
If you have an interest in helping with any of these events please
email Tracey email@example.com who will point you in the direction of the lead Organiser.
- New Member Social on the 6th February. 7pm The Crown and Sandys Ombersley. This is a free event to welcome new members to meet the Board of Directors and fellow Ambassadors.
Due to a restriction on places this is only open to Members and New Members will be given priority.
- Strictly 6 Tickets are selling fast so please book following this link
- Ambassador Ball 2019 with over 50% of the tickets sold.. It would be great to see as many Ambassadors there as possible.
Please follow the link to book
Please keep an eye on the events/Whats on pages of the website as we start adding our ne events for 2019
Myself and the Directors look forward to seeing many of you at the Drunch on Friday 14th.
Thank you for your ongoing support and I wish you all a Merry Christmas and New Year Season.